Travel and Logistics for the Summit in Seattle, WA
The Envisioning the Future: Allies in Self-Advocacy summit in Seattle, Washington will be held at The Seattle Airport Marriott. The summit will start around 8am on Thursday, May 10 and go until 3pm on Friday, May 11. It is recommended that team members arrive the night before (Wednesday, May 9), so the entire team is present and ready for the early morning start time on Thursday, May 10. The agenda is scheduled to allow team members to leave directly after the summit ends on Friday, and hopefully be back home that evening. Breakfast and lunch will be provided both days as well as a reception with heavy appetizers on the evening of Thursday, May 10.
The Seattle Airport Marriott is the host hotel of the Envisioning the Future: Allies in Self-Advocacy summit in Seattle, Washington.
Telephone Number: 206-241-2000
The Seattle Airport Marriott is located by the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport – SEA. Click on the map to view Google Map of hotel location.
Deadline for hotel reservations: Friday, April 11 by 5pm
Room rate: $139/night
Nights available: Wednesday, May 9 through Thursday, May 11 (checking out Friday, May 12)
- Reserve a room online by clicking here. The left-hand side of the page has a space to type in the group reservation code which is “aucauca”. This will allow you to reserve a rooms at the negotiated rate of $139. Enter your arrival and departure dates and check availability.
- Reserve a room by phone: Call 1-888-236-2427 and ask to reserve a room for the “Self-Advocacy Summit” at The Seattle Airport Marriott. If you are reserving an ADA room please call the hotel directly to reserve your room at 1-888-236-2427. Often times hotel staff are not aware of the different “levels” or types of rooms. Please be specific with the accessibility features that you need in your room. For example: when you need a roll-in shower in your ADA room.
If you have questions or encounter problems in booking with the hotel, please first contact your state team leader. If the team leader still encounters problems, he or she can contact Hillary Spears at AUCD at HSpears@aucd.org or 301-588-8252.
17801 International Blvd Seattle, WA 98158
The main telephone number for SEA is: (206) 787 -5388 (Voice).
Do not call the airport regarding tickets, luggage restrictions, travel visa requirements, flight arrival or departure times, or any other issue which should be taken up with the particular airline with which you intend to travel. In these cases and for accessibility accommodations, contact your airline directly. Most airline websites are linked to from the main terminal map page on this website.
- There is a complimentary airport to hotel shuttle van service. The shuttle van service runs from 4am until 12 am daily, every 15 minutes.
- The hotel has one wheelchair accessible shuttle van, but it needs to be requested ahead of time because the driver doesn’t usually use this particular van. If you are in need of a wheelchair accessible shuttle call the hotel at 206-241-2000 and make a reservation.
- Estimated taxi fare from the Seattle Tacoma Airport: $7.00 (one way)
- Taxi services are located on the third floor of the airport parking garage.
Phone number: 206-622-6500 or visit www.yellowtaxi.net
There are several wheelchair accessible taxis available at the Seattle Airport, but you must make a reservation at least 10 days in advance.
- Click here for driving directions from the Seattle Airport.
On-site parking: $19.00 per day
Valet parking: $24.00 per day
About Seattle, WA
Seattle is proud of its arts and cultural institutions, the many live theaters, and the downtown art museum. It is proud of its parks, of its professional and collegiate sports, of Pioneer Square and the Pike Place Market, and, above all, of the beauty of its surroundings. Beyond the waters lie two rugged mountain ranges, the Olympics to the west and the Cascades to the east. It is a city built on hills and around water, in a mild marine climate that encourages prolific vegetation and abundant natural resources. Seattle enjoys a climate of around 60⁰F in May.