Travel and Hotel Logistics for the Summit in Kansas City
The Envisioning the Future: Allies in Self-Advocacy summit in Kansas City, Missouri will be held at The Westin Crown Center hotel. The summit will start at 8am on Monday, April 11 and go until 3pm on Tuesday, April 12. It is recommended that team members arrive the night before (Sunday, April 10), so the entire team is present and ready for the early morning start time on April 11. The agenda is scheduled to allow team members to leave directly after the summit ends on Tuesday, and hopefully be back home that evening. Breakfast and lunch will be provided both days as well as a reception with heavy appetizers on the evening of April 11.
The Westin Crown Center is the host hotel of the ‘Envisioning the Future: Allies in Self-Advocacy’ summit in Kansas City, Missouri.
Telephone Number: 816-474-44000
Located in the heart of downtown, The Westin Crown Center, Kansas City is encompassed by Hallmark’s Crown Center. Click on the map to view the hotel’s location.
Deadline for hotel reservations: Friday, March 18
Room rate: $109/night
Nights available: Sunday, April 11 – Tuesday, April 12
- Reserve a room online by clicking here. Enter your arrival and departure dates and check availability.
- Reserve a room by phone: Call the reservations department at 816-474-4400 and ask for the ‘Envisioning the Future: Allies” Room Block at the The Westin Crown Center.
- Reserve an ADA accessible room: per our contract, the hotel is holding all of their ADA rooms within our room block. There are a limited number of these rooms, however, so please book early. The online reservation site does not provide space for specific details such as “roll-in shower”, so please use the phone reservation process above to book an ADA room. Often times hotel staff are not aware of the different “levels” or types of rooms, and assume that all ADA rooms are the same. It is important to be specific with what accommodations you need.
If you have questions or encounter problems in booking with the hotel, please first contact your state team leader. If the team lead still encounters problems have them contact Hillary Spears at AUCD at 301-588-8252.
- Kansas City International Airport- MCI (also known as KCI)
601 Brasilia Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64153
Click here for a map of inside the airport
The main telephone number for the Kansas City International Airport is: 816-243-5237 (Voice). Do not call the airport regarding tickets, luggage restrictions, travel visa requirements, flight arrival or departure times, or any other issue which should be taken up with the particular airline with which you intend to travel. In those cases and for creating accessible accommodations, contact your airline directly. Most airline websites are linked to from the main terminal map page on this website.
- It is approximately $48 for taxicab service between the airport to downtown Kansas City.
- Taxis are readily available at Kansas City International Airport (MCI) and can be arranges by using the courtesy phones inside and outside of each of the airport’s terminals, close to the baggage reclaim areas. Click here for a map of inside the airport
- Wheelchair reservations and curbside assistance can be arranged by calling your airline. Click here for airline phone numbers. If no assistance is available at the curb, notify an Airport Police Officer of Traffic Control Officer. Or call (816) 243-5237.
Traveling from the airport via SuperShuttle
- one way or $29 round-trip. The t40 minutes one-way.
- Return service is also available; reservations are not required. The shuttles depart from the hotel every 30 minutes at 10 and 40 after the hour.
- Click here for driving directions
- Parking is $15.00 per day for self-parking. Valet parking is $19 per day.
- Should you need further assistance, please contact the Hotel’s Concierge Desk at 816-474-4400.
About Kansas City, MO
Kansas City, Missouri, is the largest city in Missouri. It is officially nicknamed the City of Fountains. With over 200 fountains, the city claims to have the second most in the world, just behind Rome. Kansas City was founded in 1838 as the “Town of Kansas” at the confluence of the Missouri and Kansas rivers and was incorporated in its present form in 1850. The city is well known for its contributions to the musical styles of jazz and blues as well as to barbecue. Kansas City enjoys a climate of around 55⁰F in April.