Travel and Hotel Logistics for the Los Angeles Summit
The Envisioning the Future: Allies in Self-Advocacy summit in Los Angeles will be held at the Los Angeles Airport Marriott. The summit will start at 8am on Thursday, March 24 and go until 3pm on Friday, March 25. It is recommended that team members arrive the night before (Wednesday, March 23), so the entire team is present and ready for the early morning start time on March 24. The agenda is scheduled to allow team members to leave directly after the summit ends on Friday, and hopefully be back home that evening. Breakfast and lunch will be provided both days as well as a reception with heavy appetizers on the evening of March 24.
The Los Angeles Airport Marriott is the host hotel of the Envisioning the Future: Allies in Self-Advocacy summit in Los Angeles.
Telephone Number: 310-641-5700
The Los Angeles Airport Marriott is located just 2 blocks from LAX Airport, with a complimentary shuttle between the airport and hotel. Click on the map to view Google Map of hotel location.
Deadline for hotel reservations: Tuesday, March 1
Room rate: $109/night
Nights available: Wednesday, March 23 and Thursday, March 24 (checking out Friday, March 25)
- Reserve a room online by clicking here. The left-hand side of the page will automatically bring up the group code AUCAUCA and the negotiated rate of $109. Enter your arrival and departure dates and check availability.
- Reserve a room by phone: Call Event Coordination at 310-337-8014 and ask to reserve a room for the Self-Advocacy Summit Room Block at the Los Angeles Airport Marriott. Often times hotel staff are not aware of the different “levels” or types of rooms. Please be specific with what
If you have questions or encounter problems in booking with the hotel, please first contact your state team leader. If the team lead still encounters problems, he or she can contact Hillary Spears at AUCD at 301-588-8252.
Free Hotel Shuttle
- Marriott LAX Van Shuttle: the free shuttle comes by all of the terminals at the airport every 25-30 minutes. 4 of the 6 shuttle buses are accessible. If you need an accessible shuttle, call the hotel at 310-641-5700 to ensure an accessible shuttle will be at your location.
- Los Angeles International Airport – LAX
1 World Way, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Click here for a map of inside the airport
The main telephone number for the Los Angeles International Airport is: 310-646-5252 (Voice) or 310-665-0370 (TDD). Do not call the airport regarding tickets, luggage restrictions, travel visa requirements, flight arrival or departure times, or any other issue which should be taken up with the particular airline with which you intend to travel. In these cases and for accessibility accommodations, contact your airline directly. Most airline websites are linked to from the main terminal map page on this website.
- Taxi service is available from the Los Angeles International Airport airports to the Marriott. Taxis can be found curbside on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal under the yellow sign indicating Taxis. Passengers will be presented with a ticket stating typical fares to major destinations. Please click on the image below to see the airport map and the taxi cab areas.
- Click here for driving directions
- Parking is $12.00 per day for self-parking. Valet parking typically costs more; however, individuals with disabilities attending this summit may use the valet service for $12.00 per day.
Los Angeles is the most populous city in California and the second most populous in the United States. Often known by its initials, LA, and nicknamed the City of Angels, Los Angeles is a world center of business, international trade, entertainment, culture, media, fashion, science, technology, and education. As the home base of Hollywood, it is known as the “Entertainment Capital of the World”, leading the world in the creation of motion pictures, television production, video games, and recorded music. Los Angeles enjoys a climate of around 60⁰F in March.